Crystal Nonlinear Optics: with SNLO examples (Second Edition)
Crystal nonlinear optics: with SNLO examples (2nd edition)
Arlee V. Smith
Hardcover, 782 pages, 17 chapters, 100 SNLO examples, 200 figures, 500 index terms, and 500 references
Take a peek inside!
Unsolicited comments from readers:
There are 25 nonlinear optics books on the market - what makes this one special?
- Unlike most nonlinear optics books, this one treats in detail realistic beams, pulses and optical cavities.
- We explain crystal linear and nonlinear optics optics in detail.
- We derive propagation equations for beams and pulses to assist you in developing your own numerical simulations.
- We explain how to design optical cavities and optimize their performance.
- Intuitive physical understanding is emphasized:
- SNLO modeling examples are used to illustrate physical concepts and specific devices.
- Individual chapters are devoted to various devices: OPO, OPA, sum mixers, et cetera.
- Written with practical application and quantitative modeling in mind:
- All equations are in physical SI units.
- Most equations are derived in detail.
- The nomenclature and system of units are consistent throughout the book.